It's hard to believe that it is almost time for PantheaCon. I remember trying to get my hotel reservation in December thinking that was an awfully long ways away, and now it is less than 42 days away. I decided on ribbons this year... we shall see if 300 is enough. If I have left overs, I can always bring them back next year.
I took some time to create a travel list, it almost covers an entire page.. and I'm sure I'll add more. If you've not been to Con, or it has been a while... heed some advice:
- Bring Water (or something to carry water)
- Bring layers (depending on the room it can get cold)
- Don't be upset with yourself if you cannot do "everything"!
- Review the schedule several times before you even get there, to ensure you don't miss something you really want to do
- Bring Cash for the Vendor Room... some take cards - but better to be prepared
- Take time for yourself, away from everyone else
- Chargers (phone, tablet, kindle, etc) are a must. This place is an energy suck
- Take a shower
- Have fun... it's about the experience and the people. Relax from reality
This year, I am excited because I am actually staying at the Doubletree! This will be the first time in 7 years. I've stayed at overflow hotels, non-overflow motels, my sisters house, and my own house (when I lived in the bay)... Excited to not need to walk or drive to another hotel. Now too bad I cannot bring my cats...